Monday, March 05, 2007

what do you think?

I have been making landscape images by placing photographs side by side. The appearance of these images changes by the sequencing of the photographs. I think A is more coherent and easier to 'see' as a landscape than B. I find B intriguing, because it has a different kind of composition, more distant and less central than A.

I am interested in what others think about A and B. Do you prefer one over the other?

A:


B:



(images are from a landscape series made using a digital camera with malfunctioning sensor)

1 Comments:

At 3/12/2007 7:01 PM, Blogger arthur said...

Thanks for your feedback Jodi.

I have been thinking about how to approach the sequencing of images. It seems like it is better to choose more conventional (or obvious) connectors than pushing the envelope. I normally approach 'the visual' with the assumption that unconventional is better. But this sequencing thing might be more like music, where the intuitive is obvious - and usually better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home